GEL has provided project management, detailed design, and construction inspection for a two (2) storey school building in Richmond Hill, Ontario. GEL provided engineering services for both the site services and the super structure. The site services included site plan, site grading, and site servicing plans. The structural design included the structural design of the roof and second floor, as well as the foundation design and all associated drawings.
As required by and in accordance with the requirements of the Ontario Building Code and the guidelines of the Professional Engineers of Ontario, GEL performed general review of construction. General review included review of shop drawings and site visitation to generally assess compliance with the design requirements and progress and conformity of the work with the design drawings.
- Preparation of site and floor plans for client review and comment;
- Preparation of Preliminary and Detailed Site Works designs and drawings including site plan options, site servicing, site grading, and notes and details;
- Preparation of Preliminary and Detailed Structural design and drawings including a foundation plan, 2nd floor and roof framing plans, connection details, and reinforcing of the existing building;
- General review of all works on site;
- Warranty Administration including addressing issues as raised by the Municipality and coordinating reductions in securities.